Rules & Mandatory Waiver
Introducing the Annual International Rhino Art Competition!
- Age Requirement: This on-line Juried Art Competition is open to all artists of all ages. A Parent or Legal Guardian of a minor Contestant younger than 18 years of age must consent for their child to participate.
- The Work Must Be Original:
No artwork will to be shipped as this is an online competition. You must be the creator of the art and image file you or your approved representative submit to the competition. Your art must be your own original concept and not a copy of anyone else's copyrighted material. (If your image infringes upon another's copyright it will be disqualified.) Upon submitting your work, to this competition, you are solely responsible for any infringement on copyrighted materials.
- Entry Fees: There is no entry fee to submit your art to this competition. Donations are welcome and processed through Network for Good. Donations are 100% tax deductible and will distributed by Baby Rhino Rescue, a 501(c)3 nonprofit charity, to worthy sanctuaries in South Africa.
- Repeat Entries:
There is no restriction on entering art that has been entered to previous competitions.
The artist retains all copyrights to their artwork without exception.
- Non-exclusive Permissions:
By entering this art competition, you are granting Baby Rhino Rescue a non-exclusive perpetual license to reproduce images of your artwork on our CrowdRise fundraiser pages, on org, in our newsletters, social media, and in the marketing of the art competitions to the general public. Artworks will not be used for any other purpose than that which is stated here and in the next section. All finalists and winning entries will be displayed on the BabyRhinoRescue.org website. Each entry becomes part of the public, historical / archival online contest catalog. It can be removed at a later date upon request.
- The original works of winners and finalists in each category may be collected to create a traveling art exhibit. By entering this art competition you are granting us permission and will, upon request, provide the original art for display. At that time the entrant can decide if their original art may be auctioned off, with funds raised benefiting Baby Rhino Rescue’s mission, or if the entrant wants the original art returned at a to-be-determined later date.
- File Sizes and Formats: Your images are best represented on CrowdRise at 375 pixel by 375 pixel at a resolution of 72dpi. The Drawing must be square, equal on each side, or it will be cropped. The acceptable file formats are: jpg, jpeg, gif, and png.
- The Entry Process — How do I join an existing team in an event?
- Go to the event page, at crowdrise.com/babyrhinorescue-2017-art-competition
- Click the big SET UP YOUR FUNDRAISER button and choose "Join an Existing Team” according to your age category. You must choose from one of the Official Teams.
- Once you select your Team, you'll be taken to the Team's page and all you need to do is hit the FUNDRAISE FOR THIS CAMPAIGN button on the right side of the page and you'll instantly have your own fundraising page as part of the team.
- (You do not have to fundraise, but it sure would help orphan rhinos if you could round up a few friends and relatives.)
- Then Upload your art! Add any fun text you want. Be creative with descriptions and headlines. Focus on your love of rhinos. Feel free to say whatever feels right to you. Have fun.
- Once you’ve created your team page, click INVITE TEAM MEMBERS. You’ll then see the link to use in the e-mail you create to invite friends to join your team, and some stock language which you can use if you don’t want to craft your own message.
- Judging Criteria:
- Does the submitted artwork fit the “Rhino Art” theme of the competition?
- Is there a creative interpretation of rhinos?
- Is the originality of the work fun, colorful, interesting?
- Does the work impact the viewer?
- Original Work:We reserve the right to request proof that your entry is your original artwork created solely by you. Non-compliance to this rule will be a disqualification of your entry.
- Multiple Submission:
There are no restrictions to the number of Fundraisers an artist can submit work to, nor the number of pieces they can submit, nor the number of prizes they can win.
- Submission Deadlines:
Artworks may be submitted up until midnight Pacific Standard Time on the last day of the submission schedule posted. No artworks will be accepted past the posted deadline.
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.